Monday, December 25, 2006

So This is Christmas, In Shi Jia Zhung!

Merry Christmas Everybody!



I hope you all have a great day and enjoy yourselves very much.Thingsdon't feel too Christmas-esque here at the moment but that will improve once everyone else is up and we start to undo our few presents.



Christmas fever has hit Shijiazhuang with a bang though. The Kids either love it or hate it. Some have been going out their way to make things christmassy for me-bringing in tinsel, fat santa decorations and giving me cards- others just sit there and say "I don't like Christmas, I prefer Spring Festival."

We have a small christmas tree assembled and a meagre offering of presents underneath so Dave and I will work our ways through them in time, this afternoon I think we will watch Borat the movie, some West Wing and then go for a Christmas Dinner at a hotel in town. Hopefully this evening, about the time when we are phoning our parents and friends, we should be a little drunk; not too bad as we have to teach tomorrow. YES! We have to teach tomorrow, on Boxing Day, what a disgrace. Seeing as the American Contingent don't even know what Boxing day is, I don't think it was ever likely the Chinese would have an idea.

To enchance your Christmas Spirit and your love for the season I leave you with a video of my Class singing a festive Favourite:



Take Care One and All!

Charlie

No comments: