Monday, October 30, 2006

Halloween




In England it's just an excuse for chavs to throw eggs at houses, slash car tyres and dress up their disabled siblings in stupid outfits and drag them through the streets begging. In America its an excuse for a massive party. For once I think I prefer the American perspective on things- and I do mean "for once".

I chose the easy option and went as Harry Potter. Seeing as this has been an unofficial nickname for me for a few years I thought I might as well live up to it for a change. This meant purchasing a white shirt and a gryfindor scarf, borrowing a tie from brock, putting some cellotape on my glasses, drawing a lightening bolt on my forehead and parading around with a chopstick for a wand and holding my large broom between my legs. Easy.

Anthony our French Friend came as a Gay American and fitted into this role exceedinly well. Renea was a 1980's songstress or as we told her a liverpudlian female from year 2000. Brock was a Pirate, Zack a Ninja (wore same clothes as normal but put a teeshirt over his head), Hilary came as Marilyn Monroe or Audery Hepbern, Becky was a gypsie belly dancer, Wallace a Mobster and Meredith was some sort of Fairy Tree thing that resembled Fern Gully.

All in all it was a good night and to come there is a very very very embarrasing video of a exceedingly camply dresseds french man and a harry potter look a like dancing to "girls just want to have fun" on a sofa, resulting in hilarious consequences.



1 comment:

Matt Ruigrok said...

That video is brilliant!