Monday, October 30, 2006

Do I look as If I work for the Cats Protection League?!

So just following on from one girl trying to lumber me with a kitten, on saturday it happened again!

I was sat cheerfully in my room about midday, doing nothing whatsoever and then there is a knock at the door. Brock is stood there with 3 little Chinese Girls. I taught 2 of them so presume they were all around 12/13.'

Mr Charlie, Mr Charlie come quickly
What is the problem
We need your help, a cat is very poorly, come quickly; QUICK!
OK let me get some shoes, what is the matter?
A Cat, come on!

So I go down and find a skinny little runt of a kitten literally with the biggest cut I have ever seen across it's neck. It was deadly thin and obviously hadn't eaten for a while. I seriously did not know what I was meant to do with this thing. I havn't had my rabies injection so didn't want to touch it but I felt very sorry for the poor thing. I found a Chinese teacher and asked for her help, I asked whether there was a vets or someone around who could help it. She said in China that there are many cats without homes and owners and that people just throw them out. Which I can believe. It turns out that the kids have found the cat up the street and just thought they would bring it to me to help. Great.

I did all I could and tried to feed it. In China there isn't many places just selling Whiskers and Friskies. I asked two shops and the second basically said I feed my cat sausages. So I bought the cat 5 sausages and some milk and sent the girls packing.

I just hope the first girl, torn apart by my rejection, hadn't gone out and mutilated the poor thing. The girls have probably now fed the cat all 5 sausages and fattened it up sufficiently for it to be a wholesome family meal next weekend.


No comments: