Monday, August 14, 2006

Shijiazhuang






So Dave and I depart for China in 10 days. I'm fully jabbed and injected and should be protected against anything the People's Republic can throw at me; unless i'm bitten by a dog (as you had to pay for the rabies jab) or Bird Flu strikes (don't think that there's much anyone can do in that instance).







After seeing Daves blog - http://ihatechinesefood.blogspot.com and his guide to Shijiazhuang I thought i'd better put some information up on here about it too, that way I might actually learn something about where it is i'm going-but I doubt i'll ever be able to say it if I'm honest.

Shijiazhuang is an industrial town about 2.5 hours south west of Beijing, and is relatively new having only been established in th 1950's. It doesn't have much to see there but I don't think it looks too boring from the photo's and luckily it is one of the major transport hubs in China, so getting about should be alright as well.

If you look carefully, in the last picture you can see a KFC. So I we should be able to survive at least a month!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't believe I didn't know about this blog before - looks like you had a great time in Germany. I also particularly like the photo that makes me look like I have massive arms!

Don't worry about not having the rabies jab - even if you get it it doesn't make you immune, it just gives you more time to get to a doctor's/call your loved ones before you die.

As for Andy Morrell, he's a solid player but was never quite up to it with us. Popular with the fans though and works hard. We used to sing a song about him. It went "Andy Morrell, Andy Morrell, Andy Morrell, Andy Morrell". Perhaps you could try it out next time you are at Blackpool.

Anonymous said...

charles my good man,

when blogging rememeber:less is more.

Anonymous said...

anonymous, my good man.

Please remember that when leaving comments on another's blog, it is rather impertinent to not leave one's name.